The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withdrawal Symptoms
Just at the moment it feels inappropriate to take the Seven out.  Any one else getting withdrawal symptoms?  

I know this is only minor in the great scheme of things, especially at the moment - but you often don't know how lucky you are until something is lost...?

Colin
I'm using the Seven all the time. More reliable than my 21 year old, 200,000 mile, rusty 'Modern'.
Everyone round here knows the car well and it makes people smile & wave happily!
Jim
Go to the bank, collect prescriptions, go to the bakery. Anything that does not involve hundredweights of coal or logs, or keeping the emergency stocks of soup and bog rolls filling a back seat free 2CV, the Ruby leaps into duty.
If your journey is essential I don't see your choice of vehicle being contentious. No law against buying your bog paper two rolls at a time! People will be impressed by your public spirit in conspicuously avoiding stockpiling.
When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone had clutch problems; sadly it seems to be something longer lasting.
I try to take my Seven out about once a week just to keep it running smoothly. WEnt over to the horses yesterday in it. a round trip of about 26 miles. Like AustinWood's car, utterly reliable!
Good morning everyone,
I also continue to use the Nippy several times a week for commuting to work (I'm now classed as an "essential worker") and also for doing bits of shopping. Personally, I don't think there is any requirement to differentiate what vehicle is used for the journey so long as it is for a suitable purpose.
Like several others on here, the Nippy is generally reliable and seems to thrive on being used regularly.
Stay safe everyone and hope to see some of you in happier times soon.
Best wishes,
Nick
    Yes I find the weekly shopping trip in the Seven revives my spirits. Waitrose is Seven friendly being the only store I can park near the door without fear of suffering from supermarket rash.