The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering Arm routine bring up
My take on JM's design.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That looks like some beautiful engineering. Could we see some more photos of the rest of the car?
Sometimes see "belt and braces" safety brackets on similar lines. However if the arm fails at the shoulder instead of at the more usual radius may be of limited assistance.
Just as a matter of interest, I know it's serious if it happens, but, how many people have actually had a steering arm failure?
Likewise - and I also fully appreciate the conciquences of one breaking.
(17-12-2017, 04:18 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: Sometimes see "belt and braces" safety brackets on similar lines. However if the arm fails at the shoulder instead of at the more usual radius may be of limited assistance.

True, but its a stronger Big 7 arm which has also been been crack tested and polished. The fabrication adds some strength but its main purpose it to facilitate canging the steering ratio.

(17-12-2017, 04:12 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: That looks like some beautiful engineering. Could we see some more photos of the rest of the car?

Thanks Nick,
A couple of photos for you.

That is a delight to behold!
PS, I can see only one pic, are there more?(please?)
(17-12-2017, 04:40 PM)Alan Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, I know it's serious if it happens, but, how many people have actually had a steering arm failure?

Me!!!
(17-12-2017, 06:09 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: That is a delight to behold!
PS, I can see only one pic, are there more?(please?)

My pic seem to be too many mb's. I'll try and post some more if I can work out how to modify them!

Another go.

Another go.

(17-12-2017, 06:17 PM)John Raeburn Wrote:
(17-12-2017, 04:40 PM)Alan Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, I know it's serious if it happens, but, how many people have actually had a steering arm failure?

Me!!!

Can you share the details please John?