The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vic Hood Special
I have just posted some pictures in the Gallery section of Vic Hood competing at the Brunton Hill Climb in the 1950s. The first picture dates from 1956 and shows his Type 65 BPH 995, the second from 1957 shows a special bearing the same registration number, and the third from 1959 showing, probably, the same special bearing the number BAM 940.

Initially I assumed the 65 had been transformed into the special, but then I did what I should have done in the first place, and checked the A7CA's registration database! Lo and behold, BPH 995 survives as a 65, and BAM 940 survives as a special; so, did Vic do what we all did in those days, and use the 65's registration number as a number of convenience for the special in 1957, eventually using, maybe, its correct number later?

Does anyone know any more?
coincidentally I posted three pictures of 180831 on the Nippy Facebook site about a week ago, presumably with the same chap if its that same period. Incongruous helmet.
You need to register here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1048649175210247/
as its a closed group...
I remember Vic Hood and his cars, no idea about the registration though.
I was at Brunton in 1957, with my father. That 's Simplicity's OSF wing and wheel behind the special.