The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revcounter drive unit
hi all.i have been offered a rev counter drive and cable off an old race car .the man asked me to make an offer ?? what would be a fair price to offer him ? help needed please.
well you can get new cables and new adaptors (Tony Betts and no doubt others) for the bottom of the distributor... depends if this is a 750 type race car... or a original Works part?
thanks  jon.this one looks to be castiron or steel and big mag where the dizi goes.can you tell .if it is new or original ?if how please
as jonE says.

it depends on what you are being offered.

will it work in the way you want it to.

i dont think anyone will be able to tell you what something is worth without seeing it.

the only guide prices i can suggest is, i supply the adapters at £20 i think? or could be £25. my list is not to hand.

or watch ebay, this weekend is a £1 listing, i had a couple of spare dynamo ends cleaned and machined. and have fitted the adapters to them. the first one on ebay sold for around £77 ready to build into an existing dynamo.

a second hand cable usually sells for around £20

i think thats as close to a valuation you can get.

tony.
hi tony .thank you for your help.i will post pics of my castiron crankcase soon
I used a Land Rover Series 2 speedo cable from Paddock Spares for my Ulster special. Tacho driven from dizzy underside to normal position (drivers side) tacho  Not expensive.
thank you.lots of options
Dave - do you use one of Tony's things for the dizzy connection or have you been creative?
I can't believe these are so cheap, posted...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speedometer-D...Sws65TnxNI
JonE,
That’s really cheap. Worth a go at that price. Paddock Spares about £16. Made my own dizzy connector from odd bits in my scrap bin. Mine was made 30 years ago. Tony probably wasn’t doing them that long ago. Cheers,
Dave.
Hi dave,

I'm getting close to 30 years in the business. I think 29 years at last count.

I had around 60 sets done about 10 years ago. And have about 20 left.

Most new parts dont move very quickly, as most people dont look past the biggest suppliers. Wink

Tony.