The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Chummy trim panels
Opinions as to their originality? While the rear panels have the holes for the screws used to retain the sidescreen pins - they are missing from those on the door?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193855855216?ul_noapp=true

Attached Files
.jpg   Chummytrim2.jpg (Size: 352.12 KB / Downloads: 299)
I would suggest the rear quarter panels may well be the originals, but that looks very clean wood on the door panels; they have surely been replaced at some time:

Tony, the brackets for holding the front sidescreens would be necessary otherwise they would be very floppy if just stuck in the wooden door frame. Surely they are the same as your ‘ 29 chummy. As Mike points out, the door panels look like replacements hence the colour mismatch between those and the rear panels. Sounds as though PL 3002 Superchum is coming along!
(19-01-2021, 06:34 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Tony, the brackets for holding the front sidescreens would be necessary otherwise they would be very floppy if just stuck in the wooden  door frame. Surely they are the same as your ‘ 29 chummy. As Mike points out, the door panels look like replacements hence the colour mismatch between those and the rear panels. Sounds as though PL 3002 Superchum is coming along!
 Yes, I just wondered if there was an chance that earlier cars might have been different. Also, the Rexene seems to have been fixed in rather amateur way. I agree, the rears could well be original, the fronts not. Progress is slow on PL 3002 - it's cold in that garage! Still, progress is steady...
These look to have come from a '28/29 car as it had the tooth retainer on the top back of the door. Earlier cars didn't have side screen retaining screws either, leastways my '27 Chummy doesn't have them.
Having looked at my 1928 mag engined Chummy today I find the panels are of the style in the advert. They were replaced around 1963 by the then owner who can no longer be questioned about them. Having bought the car from the widow with whom I am still in touch I think it likely that the replacements were the correct pattern. The holes at the top of the rear side panels are for hood mountings. There are no sidescreen retaining screws front (doors) or back.