The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1927 Austin publicity booklet
Bonsoir,

I just found a booklet of 20 pages within a light-grey cover called "La suprématie de la Austin Seven"
The text is fully in French, illustrated with 9 b&w photos and about its succeses in record-breaking and races up to the 1st place in september 1927 in the "Course de 500 Milles, pour la preuve du combustible, à Brooklands" if you see what it means!
Its size is 13cm wide and 20,1cm high and it wears the ref : Pub. No. 595B
It also refers the reader to the catalogue 611E for details of a saloon similar to the one page 72 of C. Harvey's book.

It looks so new although the staples are devenitively 1927 looking and I can't find a reason for some one having made a reprint. Also september was the exact time to publish such a catalogue for the october 1927 Salon de l'Auto in Paris.
Could you confirm the date ?
Thanks
Jean
Jean,

Yes the brochure was printed in 1927. The A7CA has a copy in it's archives and is part of the Russell Curtis collection kindly donated by Russell ( " Squeak " ) earlier this year, all of which will be placed up on our website in the not too distant future.

Chris
A7CA Chairman
The Association has a copy of 595B (incorrectly captioned as 595E!) which has 'successes' up to September 1927, so presumably dates from around this time:

http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/BR_595E.pdf

Edit: Chris beat me to it!