The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milling machine
My apologies for wandering from A7 affairs, but just in case anyone is looking for a milling machine, of the less-expensive Taiwanese-built type, this is the best of the bunch - and appears to be in little-used condition. Correction - the machine was built in Korea.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133641398262?ul_noapp=true
Wasn't Naerok Korean, or did they use the name on Taiwanese built machines as well?

C
(19-01-2021, 04:33 PM)Charles P Wrote: Wasn't Naerok Korean, or did they use the name on  Taiwanese built machines as well?

C
It was - Naerok is Korean written backwards. Neat, eh! I just use Taiwanese as the generic expression for these machines.
looks very similar to the Warco major but the rise and fall of the head moves the complete column ?
Hi bob, yes, that the case. There were many similar models: the three sizes sold by Warco and single models branded Alpine, Sealey, Whitecote. Excel and Ajax. The great advantage of the Naerok and Alpine - making them the least prosaic of the type - was the use of a bevel gearbox at the bottom of the column to elevate the complete column and head - this playing an important part in the usefulness of the machine for, instead of the head being able to swivel side to side when the clamping bolts were slackened (as on all other makes), on the Naerok/Alpine the alignment was maintained through the whole of the vertical travel.
http://www.lathes.co.uk/naerok-mill-drill/
I had to sell my Fritz Werner No 2 universal mill when I moved to the Isle of Wight (then moved back so I could have kept it!) I put it on eBay and got £375 for it and I gave the buyer boxes of collets and tools together with a very early drilling/tapping machine...I think he got a bit of a bargain!