The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nobby assisters
I have a pair of Nobbies without the axle clamps (they had broken in half & crumbled!) a small donation to charity would be nice otherwise  Free to a good (or bad) home

Attached Files
.jpg   Nobby springs1.JPG (Size: 67.86 KB / Downloads: 484)
PM sent
Surely Brexit should prevent the export of Boingy boingy springs. They should find a place beneath a Chummy in Le Pays De Galles, a French name for a Celtic nation. I will send a PM immediately.
Unlike La Belle France where the export or sale of National Treasures (or strategic industries like Yoghurt makers) is forbidden by the government, we free Brits are generally allowed to export our culture (Boing, Boing!). 
I was once stopped in the early 80's at an autoroute peage when repatriating a pre war Aston under a tarpaulin on a trailer, bought from the Estate of a deceased Brit living in France. The Polis and Douaniers (in the middle of France!) were very interested in what we were up to. Fortunately we had removed the French plates and only the British registration was clear to see. We "spoke no French(!) - ho ho" and they had no English. We (correctly) said  we were returning the car home - a little economy with the truth- it was only after 20+ years or so in France! So we put the tarpaulin back on and went on our way. A nice finale was that at Dover we went into the Red channel to declare and import the car and the Customs man asked if Purchase Tax had been paid on the car when new (it had) so he said, no problem, no duty, no VAT.....stamped our documents and "on your way gentlemen!"
Sadly, such generosity by the authorities is not the case now when repatriating an exported car - my experience anyway...
Or importing to France! My friend is importing a RHD 2CV to France. To register in France he needs a UK cert of conformity (translated into French and not just a copy of a pure French 2CV cert), 19 photos of bodywork taken at each corner of the car, front, rear and side views, under bonnet of engine, chassis number (Stamped on chassis) and the bulbs within the headlight., a cert from the tax office showing no VAT to pay, French Controle technique, copy of driving licence, a gas or electricity bill and French insurance... and you reckon the UK has stiff regs ??
Ever since THAT Monte Carlo Rally the French have been sensitive about headlight bulbs!
(19-01-2021, 12:40 PM)bob46320 Wrote: ...  My friend is importing a RHD 2CV to France... 

Surely he could save himself a lot of aggro and just buy a locally-sourced left-hand drive one?
Or, import it part by part. Buy a wrecked but "on the record" French one; build it up; transfer the necessary "numbered parts"; change the headlamp bulbs and then you'd have an interesting car that appears to have escaped the factory with the steering wheel on the wrong side - and so an endless source of speculation for French CV enthusiasts. Funnily enough, I knew someone here who did something a bit similar with a Bugatti many decades ago....
(19-01-2021, 12:40 PM)bob46320 Wrote: Or importing to France!  My friend is importing a RHD 2CV to France. To register in France he needs a UK cert of conformity (translated into French and not just a copy of a pure French 2CV cert), 19 photos of bodywork taken at each corner of the car, front, rear and side views, under bonnet of engine, chassis number (Stamped on chassis) and the bulbs within the headlight., a cert from the tax office showing no VAT to pay, French Controle technique, copy of driving licence, a gas or electricity bill and French insurance...  and you reckon the UK has stiff regs ??
Hi Bob,
Much more simpler to register it as a "véhicule de collection" through the FFVE. I take it the car is older than 30 years?