The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord Austin's Office
Just received an email from the Austin ex-Apprentices Association asking for signatures on this petition:

http://chng.it/MfhY2bXkTR

Am I correct in thinking that Lord Austin's Office is not in it's original position within Longbridge? In other words I has moved once already?
It's no longer in its original location in what became South Works; I believe it is now sited at the Conference Centre, still within what was the original factory complex. It seems there is a proposal to move it to Gaydon.
I don't know the whole story but our heritage would seem to be in safer hands at Gaydon than with a Chinese car company. Just a thought.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
I think you are right regarding the location, Mike, though I'm not sure how firm the proposal is to move it to Gaydon. I think that is considered to be an option and the Gaydon people are 'engaged' in the discussions around the its future. Morris' office is already at Gaydon, of course. The real concern is that the current owners may not 'value' the office as much as some others might... Or prize it and remove it to another Country..

It's preservation I think is important. Personally, I'm a little more relaxed as to where that might be - as long as it remains in the UK..

(NB - I'm posting this as an individual and this does not reflect any formal position by the Association)