The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bespoke stainless steel exhaust fabricator
How accessible is Bicester for you?
Can recommend Ryan Edwards at Bicester Heritage. Next door but one to Blue Diamond.

Steve.
As above, Ryan Edwards at Bicester Heritage does superb bespoke work, is a nice bloke and reliable.

https://www.facebook.com/Ryan-Edwards-Ex...494257332/
Thanks to all who have provided suggestions. Plenty of options here for me to follow up...

thanks very much..

Hugh
I’m not a big fan of stainless steel, especially on vintage exhausts, I simply don’t like the look or the tone, it’s a personal thing, but I have to say Ryan’s work is sensational and as he’s ten minutes down the road, I will certainly consider him for my next set of pipes!
Ryan does Mild Steel as well as Stainless, Ivor. His work is outstanding and if you visit his workshop prepare to be amazed at what he does.

This is my MS Ulster manifold in the course of construction.

And this is the finished jobby being painted.

Steve
To be honest, the Riley won't need anything too complex. Leading from the downpipe, I will need a piece of straight pipe into the front box, then a straight pipe into the rear box, then a straight tail pipe. I need to research box sizes and if they should have/need baffles etc so I can be accurate in stating my needs. I need to get under my pal's Nine to get some of that info. But that will have to wait for a while yet... But if I get it made bespoke, then I can take into account any minor kinks and variations to have it perfectly set up under the car..

I've had a stainless system on my Box for 30 years(?) and I'm very happy with it. Pretty much looks as good as new...
Steve, That Ulster exhaust manifold is a thing of beauty, I shall certainly be visiting Ryan’s shop before long.

Hugh, i’m surprised that you can’t buy a Riley nine system off the shelf, unless they have all been chopped up for specials now! Nevertheless, it doesn’t sound like a difficult or expensive job apart from your non standard manifold, I’ve had a full custom V8 system built to order and it cost a lot less than to replace the exhaust on my modern.
I can buy a mild steel version, Ivor, but not a s/s version as far as I am aware. The manifold I have was something I fitted to the car a couple of years ago, and wont be replaced. The rest of the system was adapted to suit at the time. I've been meaning to get round to doing the job properly since then...
(17-01-2021, 05:35 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote:  I've been meaning to get round to doing the job properly since then...
I have said that so many times myself, good luck!