The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useless Information? But interesting to some!
Thank you Mike.
That sounds right now. I was misled by the Mills book....which also neglects to mention the RM saloon! 
Not a missing link, but perhaps a "last gasp" for the short chassis! 
Although I think I read somewhere that vans were still available for some time on short chassis....
D
(15-01-2021, 11:45 AM)JonE Wrote: is it B3- Stuart? if so you can inspect at Gaydon and reveal your entire new spec and car number.

Or, alternatively, records end 136,924...

Thanks for that Jon. Mine just scrapes in on the chassis number, so hopefully I'll discover the missing car number when I enquire from Gaydon.
Who do we contact at Gaydon? Are they working?
D
Stuart - you can work it out from a near chassis number, but do it on two or three different ones just in case there are unreliable ones.

David - web research requests are 6 quid per bit of information for them to do it... https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/arc...d-delivery

Or find out when then open for free, pre-booked archive access!
Thanks
D
(15-01-2021, 12:37 PM)David.H Wrote: ...Although I think I read somewhere that vans were still available for some time on short chassis....

If we exclude the special Japanese-market cars, the short chassis was finished by the end of 1932. Precise details are hard to verify, but the tourer (AG) ended in mid-1932, the boat-tail 2-seater (PC) around September, and the last short-chassis van (VE or VF?) in November. That seems to be give a reasonable time-scale between versions for the Drawing Office to prepare the plans, the Press Department to make the dies, and Production to instigate the build; obviously the faster-selling models would take precedence over the small-volume versions.
(15-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote:
(15-01-2021, 11:45 AM)JonE Wrote: is it B3- Stuart? if so you can inspect at Gaydon and reveal your entire new spec and car number.

Thanks for that Jon. Mine just scrapes in on the chassis number, so hopefully I'll discover the missing car number when I enquire from Gaydon.
Stuart, your VV 771 is Car No. B3-9991!
(15-01-2021, 05:55 PM)Henry Harris Wrote:
(15-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote:

Stuart, your VV 771 is Car No. B3-9991!

Henry,
Thanks so much for that information, has always bugged me not knowing the Car's number.