The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange
In my opinion we don’t need another FB group such as the now new: Austin 7 Spares/Cars for sale Group. On this site we have ‘sales and wants’ and could easily add ‘exchange’ if needed. However it seems these are not used very much and I believe this is because they are a inadequately placed on the site. If they were put at the top of the Forum chat they would be better noticed and perhaps used more. I now have to remind myself every time they are there and because of this I have a look only once every month or so at the most.
If you subscribe to the sales and wants pages you will receive a notification every time a new posts appears.
I decided to venture onto Facebook to see this site and I was a bit surprised that it wanted my date of birth, anyway I found it interesting and left. Somewhat later I received two e mails from Facebook security they had managed to mix me up with another Facebook user with the same surname and a different e mail address. So I replied pointing out their error and now every time a friend of this other user logs onto Facebook I get a notification.
Simple answer Dave is that Facebook is a data gathering tool for sales/marketing/influencing etc. With their thanks for giving them your valuable personal info and linked knowledge to pretty much everything you do on line (and that of your linked friends) for their free use, they allow you to talk to other people. You just have to decide if you are happy with the trade.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(19-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Simple answer Dave is that Facebook is a data gathering tool for sales/marketing/influencing etc. With their thanks for giving them your valuable personal info and linked knowledge to pretty much everything you do on line (and that of your linked friends) for their free use, they allow you to talk to other people. You just have to decide if you are happy with the trade.
..and now, worldwide - apart from in the UK and the EU - if you want to keep using Whats App with its really handy Groups Message System you have to allow Facebook access to all your contacts and other details - though not the contents of the still encrypted messages. More data gathering by Facebook - who also own WhatsApp of course.
It's worth remembering the words of Scott McNealy, the CEO of Sun Microsystems in 1999:
"You already have zero privacy - get over it."

c
Was that the equivalent to " Never put anything on fb or twit that you don't want to see splashed across the headlines tomorrow. ...."
The point I was making was that facebook security, like so much in this digital age is rubbish. The best instance I had of this was making out a standing order to pay my daughter £200 a month only to find that the money was going from her account to mine and the bank couldn't explain it!
You might look at Signal. They do not collect info and are not affiliated to any other company.
(19-01-2021, 10:32 PM)Charles P Wrote: It's worth remembering the words of Scott McNealy, the CEO of Sun Microsystems in 1999:
"You already have zero privacy - get over it."

c
I think he didn't know the extent of the advertising information gathering that was about to happen  Confused

(21-01-2021, 09:26 AM)NBS Wrote: You might look at Signal. They do not collect info and are not affiliated to any other company.
And you can correspond with a criminal ex president Big Grin