The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
postal problems
Tony B. I think none of us Seven enthusiasts would mind paying a little more for your parcel delivery by a more expensive service. You and all the other cherished suppliers do a remarkable job and we all appreciate it. Our neighbour has been waiting a good while for replacement parts for her Suzuki after a minor shunt in Morrisons carpark. Much longer than A7 parts from our suppliers!
Cheers, 
Dave.
Some pecunious friends of ours took a holiday in Barbados in March and their postcard finally arrived on Christmas Eve!
There's always hope...
Are they having a nice time?
Got out just in time I think Jon! It was looking a bit dicey I recall.
hi chris,

my favourite with the post office.

i sold a terminal cover for the bacon slicer on ebay, the usual complaint they didnt get it. so i sent my spare, which they got next day.

i got an email 364 days latter (YES 364 days), that the first one had just arrived. with there apologies for thinking i was the usual ebay crook. and it was returned the next day.

tony.
Ha, ha! I can top that: a good few years ago I sold a workshop manual for some obscure car - I forget what now - to someone in Israel. It didn't arrive, the buyer was refunded, and I got compensation from the Post Office. Three years later, I got a message to say that it had turned up, and could the buyer pay for it again!
I have a collection of family postcards dating back to the early 1900s. Several have been posted in a morning asking the recipient for tea that afternoon.
Returning to the thread, Hermes have never let me down although I know others who have not had such a good experience with them.
(12-01-2021, 02:20 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: I have a collection of family postcards dating back to the early 1900s. Several have been posted in a morning asking the recipient for tea that afternoon...
Indeed; I can recall going shopping in the mid-1950s for a birthday card for my mother, posting it in town, and it had already been delivered when I returned home. t'Internet is not such a great improvement!
If you leave Parcels to go rubbish feedback on Trustpilot they get in touch straight away as they must monitor Trustpilot live, I had a collection booked and it was confirmed but was not collected so I took them to the parcel shop two days later and then wrote the review, had an email asking me to remove the feedback after they had credited Paypal with the cost of the 3 parcels I sent.
mike,

it was good they were honest, most arnt once they get a refund.

chris,

ive used hermese alot in the past, very few problems.

the worst is when staff have a holiday, mainly on collections. they dont get cover in.

we know the local collection lady, she told us she would be on holiday for a week, when we sore her on the saterday. but i had already booked 12 parcels friday night for monday collection.

they were never collected.

rebooked for tuesday, NOTHING.

rebooked for wednesday, NOTHING.

i cancelled and got a refund on the wednesday evening, and took them to the post office.

the post office with there usual standards lost one of the 12 parcels Angry a vacuum wiper for the austin 7.

tony