The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Axle Tramp
Serious axle tramp - usually caused by the dreaded "Pilot-induced Oscillations"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes I recall the driving school car being like that on my first driving lesson. My instuctor said it was me being to heavy on the clutch but I know it was the car playing tricks on a greenhorn driver.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
The car we used to teach Learners on in the early 1980s was a 1.3 Morris Marina. It was nicknamed "Leaping Lena". If a student could master clutch control on this car, they would have no worries on anything else. We also had a 1.8 Marina TC which was completely different and a pleasure to drive compared to the 1.3. It's not just an "Austin" thing.
Reckers My force had an old Ford Classic in service with the driving school. The throttle linkage was so badly worn and had so much free play that it was the most difficult car I have had to drive. Trying to move off smoothly was nigh impossible and changing gear resulted in either high revs with the clutch still disengaged or a long delay when the clutch was released when speed was lost before the engine picked up and you resumed with a jerk. Just like a learner driver.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Very useful when out testing the recently serviced car, in the passenger's footwell next to the Tapley brake indicator have an oscillometer as well.