The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scams?
Scams?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/harryleemille...7675.l2562
I’ve seen these before on eBay and I wouldn’t touch them with a very long pole!
So, if I was a bit wet behind the ears, how would I get taken in?
This scam comes up very frequently and is regularly discussed here and on the Facebook A7 group. It's generated by an automated system. Complain to Ebay and they will take it down, but it will reappear very soon. I see that in this version, having 1,588 listings is justified as "disposing of a large inventory on behalf on a client".

I assume that the idea is that some sucker will buy unseen at a price that's too good to be true. Payment will be requested off Ebay and that's that. No item and no chance of getting their money back.

It's always worth checking "Seller's other items" to get an impression of who or what you're dealing with on Ebay.
I understand they are also 'harvesting' email addresses.....
Even if I were wet behind the ears and desparate for a Model Y, surely the first glance at the supposed "ad" would set off alarm bells. Ebay has yet to take it down.
"Even if I were wet behind the ears and desparate for a Model Y, surely the first glance at the supposed "ad" would set off alarm bells. Ebay has yet to take it down."

Perhaps the Ebay people don't come in on Sundays........
Seems to have gone.