The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Trials Special
Thank You, James
Some further info about the Seven based special, found next to the pre-production Dellow in a shed at Peter Binns. The car may have belonged to John Farnsworth, who occasionally stored machines at Peter Binns. Mr Farnsworth was not the most organised person, his own living accommodation dubious, the house he inherited when his mother died just seemed to decay, unused. He had worked at Brown & Gammons, but fell out with Ron Gammons. He certainly worked over quite a long period on cars for Peter Binns. Sometimes small jobs or bits of tuning took a long time, other large jobs were  well done and quite quickly, notably the new chassis under the Riley  Beavis special, very bent by drunken locals in the middle of a Measham night. The Riley was "lozenged",  the Herald that ran into the back of it destroyed.
Just a quick update on the Austin Seven Special
Due to a very recent change in my family circumstances (which will eliminate any of my free time!) I have decided to look for another home for the special. I'm not sure quite sure of the best way to advertise it and I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here (I hope not) but if anyone is interested in it please let me know.
Best wishes
James
Out of interest - what are the size of the wheels? You may or may not know they are the non-shroud type....i.e the hubs do not cover the brake drums.....these used to be made very much with the racing fraternity in mind for obvious cooling reasons....and If i remember are a bit lighter.......They would probably be 15 inch?