The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSCC Subscriptions..
Albert, understandable your grievance, you probably feel a bit conned. The same has happened to our bank accounts, talktalk phone bill and other services all charging for hard copies.
Dave, indeed, disappointingly few care and fewer object. If nothing else this thread has gone some way to illustrating the ease with which such changes are implemented and accepted.
A quote I read somewhere a few years ago, “ He who doesn’t keep up to date gets left Behind” With this in mind think twice about new ideas. However it does not address the £8.00 rise in subs if you want the old format of paper.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I have not been a member of the VSCC for many years, so hesitate to get involved with this thread. However, it seems to me that this is just a reasonable, but badly-managed, decision. Had the Club announced the new membership fee as being £100, or whatever, perhaps with some explanation for the increase, and then supplemented this with an offer of an £8 reduction for dispensing with the paper newsletter, then all would have been well.
(03-01-2021, 06:19 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Albert, understandable your grievance, you probably feel a bit conned. The same has happened to our bank accounts, talktalk phone bill and other services all charging for hard copies.
Hi Dave, for business we always download and print out invoices, bills, and suchlike - just in case. For this, we have a separate cheap Brother laser printer; about £35 about 10 years and faultless - so far. Unlike an inkjet, the laser had no jets to get blocked when left unused for more than 30 minutes.
Banks etc usually tell us that it is in our best interest for efficiency and convenience.....like closing branches! I subscribe to Readly and have literally hundreds of magazines to choose from including Classic (most things!) all on line About £8 per month. Good to read on planes & Trains (remember them????)