The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door to glass seal
I am about to finish the restoration of my RP saloon and wondered if there should be a seal between the wind up window glass and the door frame or does the rain just run down into the door. I live out in the sticks in France so don’t get to see many Austin 7’s.
No seal, I'm afraid.

To protect the door skin and the internal door card from getting wet, we usually fix a sheet of heavy polythene to the underside of the external window cill timber, run it to the bottom of the door, then bring it back up on the inside, sandwiching it between the door frame and the card. This leaves the window itself surrounded by a plastic bag from which any collected water can be drained by a suitably positioned hole in the bottom.
Thanks Martin .That looks like a good option for keeping water out of the door. I know that woolies sell a strip seal with a lip made for this job but of course there is the problem of the joint between the seal and the side runners and of course this would need to be fitted before the glass.