The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T & T cylinder head
I have an unused T & T cylinder head that is marked with a Ricardo patent number.

I'd like to see the original Ricardo patent application 309092?? (or 309093 or 6 or 8 or 9 !)

I haven't managed to find it online yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Can't really help, Henry, except to say that it's definitely not 309093, because the style of first 'three' has a flat top to the digit. Nor do I think it's 309098, because the top of the 'eight' appears to have a smaller radius. However, it could be 309092, or just possibly even 309090!
it looks to be a two by photoshopping...
.png   T&T Ricardo 1.png (Size: 444.15 KB / Downloads: 864)
Henry,

I have looked at the heads I have like yours and all are missing that last number too - a flaw in the mould I suspect.
Is this it, perhaps? https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/s...%20ricardo

It is a hit based on: 309092
Yes! 309092 is it. 

Thanks very much Ruairidh, I will report back later.
The filler over the exh valve makes sense as breathing is less essential there. One wonders if at that late date Ricardo was just covering every contortion of his original to capture evaders.
This is my unused T&T cylinder head with arse about face combustion chambers.

Note the position of the spark plugs.

This is from Ricardo's patent application.

Note the position of the spark plugs.

Excerpt from the patent specification,

.png   Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 17.13.00.png (Size: 291.22 KB / Downloads: 676)

.png   Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 17.14.06.png (Size: 111.89 KB / Downloads: 678)

Valve F1 is the inlet valve in the deep pocket and valve H1 is the exhaust valve in the shallow pocket.

Has anyone seen a T&T head with correctly positioned combustion chambers and spark plugs?
I’ve often wondered about this. Did the detail draughtie make a mistake? Wouldn’t be the first time.
Alan Fairless
Alan, it always struck me as odd that the deeper passage is over the exhaust valve, also unusual to place a spark plug over the inlet valve.