The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer draftsman needed
Thanks Tony, Solidworks looks worth exploring. I don't normally draw enough to justify trying to master something complicated.

Stuart, wish I could take you up on that! It wouldn't even go in my car I'm afraid. Which is exactly the reason I didn't get one when the last drawing office I worked in more or less gave away theirs!

And thanks Peter - I'll check that out.

I've done a bit on Tinkercad, which is easy to learn & OK for simple 3D models, but it's not really up to complex shapes. Also no use for 'proper' 2D technical drawing.
I use soldiworks very regularly through my degree & at work. It’s great but expensive. Whatever software you choose will teach you a lot. The basic controls and functions are broadly the same. If you need any help drop me a pm. It will save you time and money if you ever need to have parts for your 7 laser cut etc.
Related to this request, does anyone have any clear photos of this set up either installed or in component form etc, that might add to the drawing collection that is now being prepared?

many thanks in advance..

Hugh