The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy fuelling problem
I think I have been waiting for this thread ever since I bought my RN almost a year ago!! I have had similar mystery problems.
Perhaps it would be possible, if one had one of Rogerchummy’s vent pipes, to blow back through the tap to temporarily clear any debris from the tap filter. A finger over the end of the petrol pipe at the carb end would be necessary of course.
Thank you all, this forum is fantastic and makes “seven” ownership even more pleasurable.
Brian Rosevear
Hi Brian

Yes, the vent pipe would act as a very useful way of blowing any sediment which might be blocking the tap. However, if you have the same problems as me (repeatedly running OK for 1-2 miles then slowly fading from fuel starvation) then I would bet that the problem is not tank sediment but is caused by "modern fuel" vapour bubbles in the fuel line which the vent pipe should release. As I said, the problem has never recurred (even in hot weather) since I fitted the vent pipe a couple of years ago.

By the way, did you see my warning about siting the open end of the vent pipe higher than the top of the tank in order to avoid the risk of petrol coming out of it when the tank is full. I lodge mine between the filler cap neck and the bulkhead.