The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk1 Ruby rear quarter light rubber seal...
I have bought some of this to do that job, but as yet I've not fitted it. It looks likely to do the job.

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1...-extrusion
Thank you everyone - I will investigate and report back on the options you have all suggested.

Much appreciated.
Ruairidh, like others posting on this thread I failed to find the original style seal for the quarter light windows on the early Ruby.  A fellow Ruby owner had managed to buy replacement sections some years back that matched his original seals but when I tried a about three years back now they had none and were not going to re-stock.

So I have used an expanded EPDM sealed foam rubber seal the details of which are attached as a drawing and as a data sheet.  This seal is actually for a Triumph TR4 tunnel along the centre of the car I believe.

However, I also attach a word doc with a few pics of how I sealed my rear quarter lights on Ruby.  I ran a 15mm x 1.5mm (heresy in metric I know) Aluminium strip all the way around the seal and screwed this lot in place as shown, I did not like the idea of just using cup washers under the screw heads as the seal rose up between the screws, whereas with the Ali strip all was kept in place.

Unfortunately all my pics are huge in size and just one photo is too large to attach, hence the word doc.

Cheers Denis S

Attached Files
.pdf   SRS1918DR.pdf (Size: 364.35 KB / Downloads: 34)
.pdf   SRS1918DS.pdf (Size: 313.65 KB / Downloads: 29)
.docx   Rear Quarter Light Seals.docx (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 49)
I received a package which contained 4' of the correct rubber today!

This was a wonderful surprise and I would very much like to thank the person who sent it - nothing in the package tells me who that is however.

If you sent me this, please let me know who you are so that I can thank you personally. I am very grateful.
I have found that the people on this forum are a kind and generous group. Not only with there free advice given. A few years ago I put out a thread. Did anybody know where I could buy a single 60+ piston. One member supplied me with one free of charge. I offered to pay and he refused. We agreed that I should make a donation to charity which I did.
It just shows what wonderful people are in the Austin seven fraternity.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Ruairidh, out of interest can you post a pic or sketch of the actual cross section?
I am not going to change what I’ve done but would like to know what it should be.
Cheers Denis S

Cheers for that.
No problem Denis, hope it shows up okay.
Oh a naked (gloveless) hand