The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
new member - austin big 7
hi everyone i am new to the forum and have just bought my first big 7 so there will be a lot of questions!!

its been stood for over 50 years but is 99.9% complete and original and unmessed with
so the first thing is the engine
i can find most of the parts required except for the piston rings (STD)
the pistons are new and its been re-sleeved back to original

i have seen similar sizes but can anyone suggest a supplier please?
i will also need a radiator at some stage

it came with 2 engines 2 gearboxes a spare axle and propshaft so i should be able to make something that works
who are the best suppliers for parts??

ian
Hi Ian welcome to Big 7 ownership. You should join the Big 7 Register run by Robin Taylor. He can supply many parts and is a wealth of knowledge. I have a 1938 2 door and really enjoy driving it. You will get all Robin's details off the A7CA website.

I cannot help with rings but do have a full set of standard pistons if required.

Charlie
Ian I have Pm,d you.
J
thanks john
i will also need the engine and gearbox mountings i can see 2 at the front of the engine and one at the centre rear of the gearbox - is this correct??

still looking for STD piston rings so i can start the rebuild????????

ian
Ian,

I recently had a very good experience with Cox and Turner when I needed some specific rings for an A7 engine rebuild. Hope this helps.

Alan
out of stock alan - i have registered with robin so when he replies we will see what he has available

ian