The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angle grinders
The guy is right. plenty of those can be fixed. He's lucky to have such a scrapyard then, mine is much less furnished!
What is his accent from? (just because I like accents!)
Dewalt,stainless steel cutting 1.5 mm disc,large battery works a treat Smile

recently bought a bosch strimmer,bad product,looked at the lable attached.....bosch,made in china,could it be that bosch are buying chinese items and are then sticking there name on them.Most things are made in China nowadays.You can visit your local supermarket and buy a fresh chicken,packet says produced in U.K.(but what they fail to tell you..imported from China,and then processed and packed in the U.K.)Buyer beware
I tend to avoid battery tools unless I really need them as eventually the batteries will die and often by then you find they don't make that kind of battery anymore. Or rather they don't the kind of plastic housing the battery is in to fit the tool anymore. You can replace the cells in the packs if you know what you are doing but it can be a bit of faffing about.

I've not yet needed a cordless angle grinder so I stick with my corded Makita. I am another who buys Makita brand stuff where I can and it's always been excellent. I imagine their battery powered stuff is good as well. I do have Bosch cordless drill and impact driver and they are good too.

Stay away from Ryobi, especially their 'consumer' stuff.

Simon
My local fabrication shop (they work in quarries and other heavy industries) has nothing but Milwaukee power tools. Very expensive but, according to the owner of the business, the only ones he can take on-site and know that they'll do the job.
Angle grinders are cheap, although I do still have the Hitachi I bought 35 years ago new ones are really cheap so I have 5, each with a different blade/brush/disk on it. They are all plugged in and sitting on a shelf next to my bench vice, so I just pick it up and use it. My favourite is my Aldi one which has adjustable speed and is well balanced I think it cost me $30 (about 15 GBP)
Cheers

Mark