The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrap Kings
For anyone who hasn't seen this, it's a series which looks at the everyday work of demolition and recycling, from buildings to caravans.

A while ago, I posted a thread on the old forum about pictures published from the inside of Longbridge, ten years or more after the collapse of MG Rover:

Haunting pictures from inside Longbridge

The final act of the show is documented in Scrap Kings Season 3, episode 17, which deals with the demolition of CAB1 and CAB2, which started in January 2020. It's a sad but compulsive watch. I know these were not the buildings that our cars were made in but many of us were familiar with products from the mighty BMC in the 1960's and 70's that were assembled here. There are some glimpses of the original factory building frontage as well, very evocative.

Next shown on Quest (Sky 144, Freeview 12, Virgin 169, Freesat 167) on Friday 25th, 2pm - 3pm. Best recorded because of the wretched adverts.......
Friday 25th you say? Best recorded because of the adverts??? even though Boris has cancelled Christmas,  I still suspect suggesting we watch scrap kings whilst eating our turkey may not be a popular choice with the family
(19-12-2020, 05:55 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Friday 25th you say? Best recorded because of the adverts??? even though Boris has cancelled Christmas,  I still suspect suggesting we watch scrap kings whilst eating our turkey may not be a popular choice with the family

2pm to 3pm: it should go nicely with a glass of port after the meal  Big Grin
(19-12-2020, 06:08 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: 2pm to 3pm: it should go nicely with a glass of port after the meal  Big Grin

Gosh, Mrs C must be very organised. It's usually a more leisurely affair here. We just about squeeze in a flaming pudding just before her maj. does her bit on the telly.