The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Bennett
I realised I watched a youtube film several days previously while researching another car. The 'best' car in the footage (i.e. most interesting noise, driving and brio) had been Ian. Whilst the above report is rather clinical at such times, I'm only thankful to see that his Seven wasn't involved and thus his hobby/interest/area of excellence may be something that, when the grief subsides, his family can remember fondly and with pride; perhaps even continue. How very sad though.
Very sad news. My condolences to Ian's family. I met him on a number of Sheffield events, including the annual PWA7C Wollaton Autokarnas, and have followed him back to Doncaster a number of times where he would peel off towards Worksop leaving the road a lot emptier for his absence, as now.
What dreadful news.   I first came across Ian on one of the early Pennine Runs, probably the first in 1997.  He was in his Ruby which he hadn't had for long, with his wife and small boys.  Geoff Roe and myself were in my Subaru acting as back-up car following the field through the Yorkshire Dales, up some very stiff climbs indeed.  Ian was having some problems with the Ruby which was struggling, but with a little help he got to the half-way stop in Barnard Castle.  He will be greatly missed.
Condolences to Ian's Family - Tragic news
Very sad news, having raced with Ian he will be greatly missed.  Condolences and thoughts to his family.
Jon, that’s a strange response. I would rather his Seven had been totalled than for him to have died in a tragic accident. Austin Sevens aren’t that important there just something to play with.

I thought the only thing I could do was to take out the Ruby, bought from Ian and perhaps to his surprise much used and moderately successful in sports that did not involve going up hills quickly. I had not got very far looking for a suitable site for a snap, when the rain seriously came down and I hurried home. Thanks for the car Ian, you will be sadly  missed.
My memory is failing me these days but I must have met Ian, and that Ruby during my time as member of the Sheffield group PWA7c, probably at one or more of the get togethers either at Langsett or Chatsworth.
I to are sad to hear of this terrible news although I never knew him. My thoughts are with his family it must be a great shock to them.

I belong to an association for retired colleagues (non car related) who publish details of members who have unfortunately died giving details of funeral times and date etc. At present because of COVID regulations and limited numbers of who can attend they now put on line a book of condolences which members can say a few words. This is then sent on to the family of the deceased. I am not an I.T. person and therefore do not know how technical this is to do but do forum member think such a book is something that could be done on here.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
What shocking and very sad news - he was a true and supportive friend. Please give my condolences to his family.