The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Bennett
I have just received this email from John Gray of the Sheffield PWA7C Group:

It is with great sadness that I have just learnt the terrible news that Ian Bennett,  one of our members, was killed in a road accident this morning on the A57 between Sheffield and Worksop. Ian has been a member of the club for many years and took part in the Bert Hadley Championships. He leaves Pam, his wife and their two sons. I know our thoughts are with them during these sad times.

I am stunned - Ian was well-known to many of us on this forum, and he was a regular supporter of the Bert Hadley Championship in his supercharged RTC special:

I’m so sorry to hear this news. I’ve competed against Ian countless times and have many happy memories. RIP mate.
Alan Fairless
Sad news indeed. RIP.
What terrible news about someone I've known for so long. Before he started competing, I remember Ian and Pam with the boys in the back of his Ruby. He then got the competition bug and proved to be so quick in his blown RTC. RIP to a good friend.
This is terrible news, I'm stunned - so sorry.
Shocking news. I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. My condolences to his wife and children.
So, so sad.
Shocked and saddened to hear this news. We are gutted.
Ian will be missed. He and Pam always seemed a happy couple. He took me for a spin in his racer after he had fitted the supercharger. I didn't realise an A7 could go so fast! A really sad loss to everyone.
This is extremely sad news indeed. Please on my condolences and best wishes to Ian's family at this shocking time.