The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McLaren Model
A few months ago I was visited by a retired gentleman wanting to build a model of Bruce McLarens special, I provided him with a number of photographs, measurements and allowed him to crawl all over my cars. Today he came back to show me what he has achieved, about 12'' long, totally scratch built, I thought it deserved a wider audience and that some of you would appreciate all the work he has done so here are a few pictures.

.jpg   DSC06352.JPG (Size: 271.86 KB / Downloads: 388)

.jpg   DSC06356.JPG (Size: 250.38 KB / Downloads: 388)

.jpg   DSC06351.JPG (Size: 241.75 KB / Downloads: 386)

.jpg   DSC06354.JPG (Size: 242.19 KB / Downloads: 386)

.jpg   DSC06357.JPG (Size: 244.06 KB / Downloads: 386)
Black Art Enthusiast
Fantastic! Great that he took the trouble to show you the finished model too.

Peter.
I wonder if David Hayward can be persuaded to share some photos of the models he makes on these pages?
What an artist . more please.
Sorry Peter those are the only pictures I took, almost all of it was made from metal, the body is beaten from copper sheet, engine radiator etc carved from aluminium, chassis is steel, it took about 500 hours apparently, all done in the men's shed at the retirement village where he lives. He's quite a character and told me stories about his time as an Army engineer in North Africa just after the war, seems that he spend half his time building Motorcycles and racing around the countryside!
Black Art Enthusiast
fabulous. I wonder if a museum or collection would eventually take that on so it could be seen by more people, particularly somewhere connected with McLaren or the car.

Or does he sell them?
Ahh well the place he lives in is called the McLaren Village, the car will be displayed in the reception area.
Black Art Enthusiast
Beautiful work! I would love to see other examples of his model building skills.

Erich in Seattle