The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawings for GE Cup Model Hood Frame
Hi All

As I haven't got around to building the new engine for the Cup Model yet,  it's still using the engine from my Fabric Saloon. The weather is getting decidedly wintery now, so I got around to wondering whether anyone has any drawings for the Cup Model hood frame.

I have seen a 'proper' one and it's a reasonably complex affair, but think that it would be worth getting it right.

All the best

Peter
I can help you with this Peter - give me a bit of time and I will come back to you, if nobody else does so in the meantime.
Nic Wiggins made me one of these - I understand he can make more and will be in touch here or privately!
Tom has kindly let me share his drawings of the hood...

Hi Peter and Ruairidh

As you may know I’m building a Cup as well and
today the Windscreen was delivered from Willie at Austin Reproduction Parts.

Would appreciate any other information that’s available, eg caping stick shape that sits on the
Top of the windscreen..

I’ve got easy access to an excellent source of ash.

Does any of it need steam bent or can you just shape the
half corners?

Lots still to do , but asking Santa for a steel crank for Christmas.
Not sure if I’ve been good enough though!

Kind regards

Bill H
AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
Many thanks Ruairidh

I think that I should have enough to go on now with the photos that I have.

Will keep you posted on progress!

Peter
There are further drawings in the pipeline - I am confident we should be able to post them soon...
My car has plain steel hoops with the correct profile but which do not fold up.

I find that I either leave the hood at home in the garage or if I'm going on a long trip then I have it mounted on the body but sitting flat behind the seats and covered with a full width duck hood bag. There isn't really space in the boot for luggage and the hood so I'm not sure under what circumstances you would actually use the folding mechanism. Although it would obviously be nice to have it to original spec if you have the time to make one up.
GE Cup photos from John D’s Car

.jpeg   C93CDB41-4430-4FA9-AECF-BA374BC9FFB2.jpeg (Size: 63 KB / Downloads: 354)
.jpeg   088B2F46-03FE-4FD1-BBEB-F632E00B0F4B.jpeg (Size: 56.18 KB / Downloads: 354)
.jpeg   67E7212F-8895-4474-9AA0-37E967FA1C24.jpeg (Size: 60.94 KB / Downloads: 356)
Based near the Scottish Border,
I have attached some drawings that came form Bill Sheehan, they were made after Bill had visited Tom Abernathey and measured his original. Bill tell's me that he believes they are accurate but advise's anyone using them to check just in case he has made an error anywhere. Now Tom's sketches are uploaded it should be simple to cross-reference, but I would request that if any reader here has a genuine cup and their car is not as the same could they please provide details to help complete the picture.

Black Art Enthusiast