The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Broken up car??
But we can't keep it all. We'll be sinking under the stuff. And what happens when petrol becomes a non-mainstream product?

The biggest positive is that activity with old things takes people out of the consumer cycle, as so much time is spent in diversionary, beneficial activity which encourages problem solving, learning about different materials, and practical skills. As well as recycling and re-use as a by-product, but its not really as such as they are additional to modern products which we continue to run for transport.

I don't see any tears for current ebay breaker this morning, the Big Seven....
(08-12-2017, 12:11 PM)JonE Wrote: But we can't keep it all. We'll be sinking under the stuff. And what happens when petrol becomes a non-mainstream product?

The biggest positive is that activity with old things takes people out of the consumer cycle, as so much time is spent in diversionary, beneficial activity which encourages problem solving, learning about different materials, and practical skills. As well as recycling and re-use as a by-product, but its not really as such as they are additional to modern products which we continue to run for transport.

I don't see any tears for current ebay breaker this morning, the Big Seven....

My present overhaul is engaging me fairly heavily in the consumer cycle!
ha ha! Bet while you've been ordering new ganglypins online though, you haven't had enough time or inclination to pop down the retail park for a zebra skin layback sofa suite and an American-style double door fridge?

Although, the latter might make a good insulated Seven garage, perhaps.
"Rileyand Alvis people have been suffering for years and as for Bentleys...but sadly it's a mindset representative of our society,be it the floating of Mutual Building Societies to the sale of utilities, coin a few quid without care to the larger picture.. apologies, rant time over!!"

Hear hear! When I hear people asking why house prices have gone through the roof I remind them of demutualisation which allowed the dreaded Buy to Let mortgage, a practice formerly regarded as criminal yet allows the rich to exploit the poor. Sorry, rant over again!

Don't get me started on the parasites who dismantle Velocette engines to sell piecemeal for many times the price of a complete motor, AARRGGHH!
If anyone is tempted to 'recycle' HY 7921 (Chassis No. 166217) into yet another Ulsteroid and enter VSCC events with it, they should be advised that the VSCC states that "It is ... not acceptable to turn ... a saloon car into a sports or touring car."

I have an idea that the VSCC keeps records of viable saloons that have been broken up.
"Hear hear! When I hear people asking why house prices have gone through the roof I remind them of demutualisation which allowed the dreaded Buy to Let mortgage, a practice formerly regarded as criminal yet allows the rich to exploit the poor. Sorry, rant over again!

Don't get me started on the parasites who dismantle Velocette engines to sell piecemeal for many times the price of a complete motor, AARRGGHH!"

Duncan.. we're lost on so many fronts from those who introduce plastic Windows to a period property to the vandal who sacrifices an attractive sedan bodied 4.5 Invicta to the altar of a low chassis reproduction.. and insomuch as many on this site may agree or disagree to varying degrees,we share an integrity that is not instep with contemporary values... thank heaven !!
(08-12-2017, 08:22 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: If anyone is tempted to 'recycle' HY 7921 (Chassis No. 166217) into yet another Ulsteroid and enter VSCC events with it, they should be advised that the VSCC states that "It is ... not acceptable to turn ... a saloon car into a sports or touring car."

I have an idea that the VSCC keeps records of viable saloons that have been broken up.

Crikey. Last time I looked about 75% of the worlds vintage Bentleys met that criteria
whereas presumably this one probably would pass the VSCC criteria, or do Tourers have to be staid?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin7-tourer/263378080604?
(10-12-2017, 10:04 AM)JonE Wrote: whereas presumably this one probably would pass the VSCC criteria, or do Tourers have to be staid?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin7-tourer/263378080604?

What new rules on insurance? Body style has to match logbook, really?or just a sales pitch

How about this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin7-toure...SwTEJaLCnt.
Definitely not a 1927 chassis
That's a strange one zero.

Daddy charlottes is a dealer in Kent.

He states the chassis is just right for putting an Ulster body onto it.

Then contradicts himself by stateing new rules about cars with incorect bodies are not insured.

The last time I checked austin never made a long wheel base Ulster.

Am I reading it right or Perhaps it's just me. Tony