The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 speed roller bearing
Hi All, I have a 3 speed gearbox which has been fitted with a newer style roller bearing on the 1st motion shaft. It is an R&M bearing with the numbers B594 and 14G14. Does anyone know a modern equivalent?
Hi Robbie,
I found that:
SKF 22309-CC/W33 / 22309CCW33 Spherical Roller Bearing 45x100x36 mm (B594)
To be verified though!

Much too large!
Hi Robbie

I have a 3 speed box in bits in my shed. I can’t remember the bearing layout but will look tomorrow. I have a feeling that the roller bearing in the box has been replaced with a ball type bearing. In either case the bearings may have reference numbers.

It is probably a case of measuring your bearing and having a word with a supplier.  I’ve found R &J Engineering Services good in the past.

Cheers

Howard
Thanks Howard, I'm in New Zealand so R&J Engineering is unfortunately not an option and my local team has struck out.The bearing is a full roller rather than the original where the rollers run directly on the input shaft. My shaft is slightly pitted hence the advantage of the different type.
Hi Robbie

Not much help I’m afraid.  The box has the original outer race with all the rollers missing.  The outer race is marked R&M 11G14 B 1077.  I’ve done a search with no results.

However I would be a bit wary of using a roller bearing with inner and outer races.  It would probably be light duty rather than the medium duty that the original was? 

It may be worth tying to find a second hand input shaft and front cover (that will probably have the outer race in place)

Sorry I can’t help

Cheers

Howard
The 3spd bearing with the loose rollers is the same outside dia as the 4speed bearing with the caged rollers as seen in this oil seal conversion photo. The seal size 1"7/8 x 1"1/8 x 1/4" so the bearing outer would be 1.875" bearing inner bore 1.125" Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)