The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cam follower pitting
Tony, do you have a date for when these will be available?

I've promised myself to get the RP back on the road by Christmas!
The followeres wear much faster or did on the oils of the time than do chilled iron followers of later makes. But do they ever develop pits in normal use? Either been severely fatigue pitted, very rusty or some original defect. The finish appears woefully coarse and far worse than can be obtained with a fine oilstone or carbide paper finish. Fine finish is usually reckoned vital for cams (at least under any phosphate coating.)
Mine were reground to a larger radius by a friend who rehardened them afterwards using Casenite. I fitted them with a Jack French camshaft. After about 25,000 miles I dismantled the engine to find out why it was noisy. I found a loose little end because the bolt had lost its head but there was no visible wear on the cam followers.
Hi colin,

Sorry I don't have a delivery date.

These are made through a much much much larger and much much much more professional company than myself.

So production is down to them.

I gave them the go ahead a week ago, now they have to fit it into there work load.

This way I get high quality parts from companies already making similar parts for other cars.

I had to order 2000 of them, just to get them to listen to me.

I'm not sure if I'm comited or I should be comited Big Grin

Tony.
Well hats off to you Tony. 

Paul N-M
Hi Tony

Put me down for 8.

Cheers

Howard
Please do not use these Colin.
You would spoil the job.
Call needed.
Thank you paul,

This part of the job I love so much, mainly because you learn so much.

And Howard, order taken. Even though you don't know what they will cost yet Big Grin

Thanks tony.
Tony, if your doing them they are going to be affordable .
Top marks again! We are fortunate to be able to get so many parts off the shelf it makes
our hobby so much easier.
Oh yes, a set for me please, 3/4” Rad.
Best Wishes 
Gene
hi gene.

ill be well below others doing the split nut.
ill be well below others machining down high tensile bolts.

can we have a guessing game, and see what people feel a new set of 8 followers will cost.

i have a price im going to stick with, but id be interested to see were people feel prices should be.

all are welcome to join in.

thanks tony