The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cam follower pitting
Tony, I Can’t believe these prices! Are you sure!
 3 sets please 
All the best, 
Gene
thank you all,

andy,

im not sure if they are the same length, i think they are because they will measure the top of the radius.

im not sure were ive put the samples, so ill check this tomorrow.

i dont know if the radius is an advantage on standard cars, we have to remember when questions are put on forums, the answers are from amature professionals. or more often preofessional amatures.

so even though most will say there is an advantage, doesnt meen there is. if you see what i mean.

if you were asking me, id suggest because you are holding the valve open that little bit longer. there is an advantage. as long as there isnt an overlap. but that advantage may be like many thing on an austin 7, a small advantage is just that. and many people wouldnt notice the difference.

ive hedged my bets, and feel more people will want flatter followers. so the order is 1,500 x 3/4 radius and 500 3/8 radius.

thanks tony
Tony can I pre order 2 sets please
Tony
This thread looks like it is becoming your order book. To confirm my email, please put me down for a set of 3/8" followers with tappets and nuts.
Regards Colin
thanks colin / nick.

just thought id check the tappet hights.

and yes they are the same hight, so no need to machine down the guides.

on this note, i thought about having new guides done to go with everything else. but didnt think there would be enough interest?

tony
HI TONY,
Are the tappets through Hardened or case hardened,
They will be a big help for engine builders and a good price.

Colin
NZ
Let's not overlook the tappet nuts - a few years ago I gave up looking for decent ones, bought some hex bar, made a drawing and got my local machine shop to make me 3 or 4 sets. I cut the slots myself with a junior hacksaw. Even so they came out about twice Tony's price.
Would it be possible/worthwhile to provide drilled ones to reduce weight?
hi colin,

dont think me rude.

but after the last few years of suppliers copying what i do, and getting into places for my parts after ive paid for all the patterns, and metal tests etc.

ive got to say im not letting any details go out, on material spec. either what we got back on the originals. or the new ones.

sorry colin.

hi tom, as nobody else has done these before. well as far as i know outside remax etc. i thought id do the two choices first. if they sell well. and thanks to the furum and everyone on it. its been a very positive start. i can look at extending the range on future batches.

thanks tony
HI Tony ,
Thanks for reply, fully Understand .

Cheers 
Colin
NZ