The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nice period picture
No doubt Hedd will comment, no spark arrestor on the engine parked next to thatch

Erich, for mediocre read crap
I'm impressed by forum members vision, or the quality of their computer screen. All I can make out for the bike is that it is not a Sunbeam. Is the engine a small Fowler? Hedd will let us know in due course I hope.
I drove past the other day....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tony, I fully expected to see that you had snapped not only a van designed by Granville Bradshaw but looking like a Seven, but a Mamod steam tractor pausing for lunch whilst hauling timber in the other direction.
(06-12-2020, 10:52 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Tony, I fully expected to see that you had snapped not only a van designed by Granville Bradshaw but looking like a Seven, but a Mamod steam tractor pausing for lunch whilst hauling timber in the other direction.
Is the reference to Mr Bradshaw anything to do with what could be a large pool of oil under the van? This quip may escape all but the motor motorcycle-minded members....
Amazingly, the traction engine - pulling the wood-choppers' over-night accommodation - drew in just as I was leaving....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The bike has the very large frame common in the early 1900s. When the frame of my schoolbike broke an elderly neighbour gave me an old bike of that type. The parts (crank spindle etc) were vastly better made than Brit parts of the 1950s. Joker mates used to take a spnner and fix my seat at full height so I had to ride home on th bar.
I used to ride British bikes in the 1960's and still have a couple. However I never had a Royal Oilfield
For those who don't know about Granville Bradshaw, have a look at this two part story in the club mag I edit for Letchworth car club. Extraordinary chap.

Coincidentally, the Jan 2017 edition has a piece on John Haddock's amazing scale model of a Ruby.

http://www.lgccvcc.co.uk/clubmags/LGCCVC...gNov16.pdf

http://www.lgccvcc.co.uk/clubmags/LGCCVC...gJan17.pdf
(07-12-2020, 09:03 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: However I never had a Royal Oilfield
Though that would have been convenient Duncan!

.jpeg   4796D0B7-6DAF-44D9-BC08-4BBA312006D5.jpeg (Size: 96.06 KB / Downloads: 173)
.jpeg   C4752B08-267A-4664-ACD0-91D2C41E58FF.jpeg (Size: 90.35 KB / Downloads: 173) A couple more old pics
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.