The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of pictures
I think I've posted these photos before but they're of GW 82 taken at Oulton Park at some point in the late 1960's by a Morgan racer called Derek Whittle who lives now on the IoM.

Edited: Now confirmed as VSCC Oulton Park in 1960

Steve

Different car, same event:

Steve
(11-12-2020, 03:34 PM)Rogerfrench Wrote: ...I understood that the new body was as a result of a misunderstanding. The idea was to repair the original, but instead it was cut up and used as a model for the new one.
All of the above is from memory, so you can choose the size of the pinch of salt you take when reading it!

I was told that all Mike's cars had received new bodies and the old ones thrown away; it seemed a bit unlikely at the time, but perhaps it did occur with one car - perhaps the Ulster - and then the expanded story was spread by, no doubt, jealous 'enthusiasts'.
Steve , the other car pictured, No 66 , is Squadron Leader Teddy Lisle's 1929 Supersports . Event was VSCC Oulton 1960.
My Ulster was entered by de Villiers as No 81. Don't know any results !
I recommend those unfamilair to look up the layout of the Gobron engine. The layout was retained on some ship engines until more recent times
Thanks, Geoff. Malcolm and I met Derek Whittle in the IoM a few years ago when he saw our cars parked in the Peel Campsite. He's well into his 80's now and is still very much revered in the 3 wheel Morgan world to the point that George Darbyshire considers him very much a guru. He couldn't, quite, remember when the photos were taken but did say it was when he was racing his Morgan. He leant me the photos so I could scan them at home on the understanding that I returned them to him which, of course, I did. He did build a couple of Seven Specials in the 1960's and the photographs were of details to help with that. He comes and visits us every year at Peel when he sees us about and in 2019 he gave me a few Seven bits and pieces he still had lying about. Regretfully, we weren't able to see him in 2020 nor, now, will we in 2021.

Steve