The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional A7 club magazine costs
We also use MailChimp for regular messaging but I only use my personal email for the magazine in four separate under 100 member batches to overcome some providers blocking large numbers of emails as spam. 

Our MailChimp apparently often reports only 50% of our member recipients open and read them so for Zoom meeting invitations we have sometimes sent both a MailChimp and a personal email invitation.

Even then we get a few complaints of no invitation- answer: check your spam filter !

No really foolproof system  Huh
Mailchimp tells me we have an average open rate of 86% on our Club mailings.
(06-12-2020, 11:05 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Mailchimp tells me we have an average open rate of 86% on our Club mailings.

Bear in mind that email opening stats only work if the recipient is opening with images enabled rather than plain text. Open rates are then embellished with stats if the reader clicks on a link. That might be a contributor to Tony's lower apparent opening rates, especially if Tony's emails have less clickable content in them. 

C
(07-12-2020, 12:07 AM)Charles P Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 11:05 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Mailchimp tells me we have an average open rate of 86% on our Club mailings.

Bear in mind that email opening stats only work if the recipient is opening with images enabled rather than plain text. Open rates are then embellished with stats if the reader clicks on a link. That might be a contributor to Tony's lower apparent opening rates, especially if Tony's emails have less clickable content in them. 

C
I don't use Mailchimp for the Magazine (something about you cannot have attachments)  so there is no image usually just text although the sender sometimes includes a link to some information.

My personal email has been used for a number of years so doesn't usually get rejected.

I suppose opening doesn't mean read and understood.
MailChimp takes attachments - you need to upload the PDF to the MailChimp storage (same process as uploading an image etc.) and then create a clickable link to that file.

I can see exactly when, how many times and who has clicked the link to see the PDF Magazine, minutes, ZOOM meet links etc. etc.

On the few occasions an email has failed to reach recipients, it tells me and I chase that up with a call - usually to be told they have updated their email address but failed to tell us.  Another issue was an internal server blocking the mailing.

It a fabulous tool that works very well but, understandably, is yet to overcome end-user failure/apathy/boring content/stubborn determination not to see the benefits in it etc. etc. etc...
what you also don't get is the number that will inevitably be forwarded for others to read? All terribly efficient and positive, reading the above.
And for those out of area, magazines may not be scrutinised in the same way, but they will be scutinised nonetheless, be it readers interested in sale cars, historic pics, technical articles or whatever. Skim readers are still appreciative/useful as they may say "ooh - I saw that there" to others.
Only this morning the postman delivered the VSCC quarterly Bulletin, 104 pages of enjoyable reading and I also received the Frazer Nash Chain Gang Gazette, another 60 pages of pleasure. I almost wished that they'd arrived separately or at least nearer to Christmas.
Digital technologies are great for getting news, making entries and having discussions, as we do here. However, I don't want to read anything of that length on a screen for pleasure, although as an archive that's a different case.

Charles
(07-12-2020, 04:32 PM)Charles P Wrote:  Digital technologies are great for getting news, making entries and having discussions, as we do here. However, I don't want to read anything of that length on a screen for pleasure, although as an archive that's a different case.

Charles

+1

Steve