The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Barn find 1929 Chummy at Bonhams Auction
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1291131
Surprising what a slight rake to the windscreen does; it looks more like a Morris Minor!

.jpg   13978428-ORIG.jpg (Size: 83.34 KB / Downloads: 631)
I think that's "let's take it to a farm, put in a shed, chuck a bit of straw about, take a photo, get it out, chuck a bit of grain about and call it a barn find"
I miss having an Austin Seven to fettle so thought it a good idea to bid for this one, when registering with the auction house a few home truths were learned. At the hammer price there is 18% (incl vat) to be added. The purchase needs to be cleared by mid day on Sunday 13th otherwise storage costs are added,

So unless you live close by you will have a lot of rushing about to do, Oh yes, the car has no V5, 

I’m 3+ hours away and have Yorkshire blood in the family so no bidding for me, would have liked it though.

Joe
There's an even more abandoned RP saloon in the same auction. We've been discussing it on Facebook.
Joe, the buyer's premium of 18% applies to everyone, so you have to do what everyone else does and bid accordingly. You need to stop bidding at 85% of the maximum that you wish to pay, eg for a purchase price of no more than £5000, bid to a maximum of £4250 (£4250 + 18% BP = £5015). It's the seller who effectively ends up paying the Buyer's Premium.
As for the clearance, it might be worth a quick phone call to the auctioneers, they are often very flexible on these matters, especially in today's pandemic situation.
Car & Classic's own Auction site does an on line auction with NO buyers premium. Seller pays 5% or £500 min
They also appear to list Bonham's etc if they put up cars on their sale site
yes it does look like a minor.  I must say I rather like the slope to the screen (I even prefer it!) but if its as good a fit as it appears in the photo it would mean a lot of work. you couldn't just slope back that curved bottom panel. It would need a new curve making and it would curve back in the centre, forward at the sides. So how has it been done? the early sloping chummy screens are no problen with a staright top to the scuttle. the rear of the hood appears to slope forward a little to match.   The barn find photo  does look set up and it certainly isn't 1970s dust.
Auctions hold many pitfalls for the unwary - though on a good day you can get very lucky too.
Must say it was the saloon that attracted me but I just don't have the resources to take it on.