The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual..
(09-12-2017, 12:31 AM)Phil Kingdom Wrote: What Tony forgot to mention is the investment our cherished suppliers have to make on the parts they sell and have manufactured, stock sitting on a shelf is dead money and without making a profit on the goods sold restocking would not be possible, not to mention overheads on staff, buildings and so on. We are lucky our suppliers have set prices on their goodies so we know were we stand,  auction sales are lead by what the customer is prepared to pay and the supplier has no input into the final price paid, although some of the starting prices mentioned in previous posts are excessive it is still up to the individual to shop around and make up their own mind.

Hi Phil,

Forgive me in future when I put some of my new parts on at start prices instead of reasonable buy in nows.

Just that people rearly hit the buy it now, probably because they know you will relist.

I see someone has put some top pulleys made from billet on, they are either mine or copied from my billet pulleys. I THINK they are on eBay at £45 each. Were as I list them on my website for £18.00

The price needs to go up, as the prices in manufacture have risen.

The big JOKE here is that I make around £5.00 a pulley. If they sell one on eBay, they make aprox £20.00 after fees?

Although I rearly sell them, I don't mint that as I am slowing things down as I get older. And don't need to replace a lot of items.

Hi Ian, thank for pointing out its not the normal cherished suppliers.

This one is JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

And I hope the other suppliers won't mind me pointing this one out. Buy I'm probably the youngest of the suppliers still at -50- and I'm already slowing down. Last year I offered the new parts stock of my business for sale. I hold £200,000.00 at selling price in stock. And offeed this at £90,000.00 to clear. When I told those who asked what I make a year out of that, the general reply was " you want how much" and "is that all you make" it's not a business.

I didn't mind that, it was expected.

But the thing is, if I'm the youngest supplier. The others may look at selling out in another 10 years if they have good health. But after that. If the suppliers can't sell there businesses. We're do austin 7 people go for there parts then.

I'm sure some will say I don't give a ---- . I'll be long gone by then.

But for those who do, is were I hope these inflated sellers on eBay are successful. And go on to making parts to keep our cars going.

Or is that being to optimistic.

Tony.
Going back to the original post.

Sue Woodrow can also be contacted via email.

susan.woodrow@gmail.com