The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars I have owned
Having indulged myself in Austin Sevens since the mid 1970's, I have a record of all the cars I have owned in this time, inscribed inside my worn, signed copy of R.J.Wyatt's book ".

It struck me that some of these cars might be owned by forum contributors or at least, known to someone who looks at the forum. I'm very happy to let the present owners have any information that I have, old photo's and so on to fill in the history of their vehicles, especially as Swansea are now bound by GDPR. Some of these cars were projects, so may not exist in one piece any more, some I only owned for months whereas others lasted for years. Some of these records (and my knowledge) goes back many years....

Happy to share, let me know....

TL 8106 Jan 39 Ruby
FN 9736 Dec 28 Chummy
FJ 8465 Jul 32 RM Box
DKR 515 Apr 37 Ruby
MY 1763 Jun 28 Chummy
UJ 3334 Jun 34 RP Box
UF 6953 Dec 30 RL Box
CPH 927 Jan 35 AC Cabriolet
JO 9315 Mar 34 AH Tourer
VF 4166 July 28 Chummy
COH 545 Sep 36 Ruby
OU 8655 Apr 31 RM Box
USL 388 July 30 Special
UT 951 July 27 "R" Top Hat
YP 9806 Aug 26 Chummy
TR 6890 May 29 Mulliner Fabric Saloon
PK 1689 May 28 RF Fabric Saloon
JN 4085 May 34 RP Box
VP 3493 Nov 28 RK Saloon
My my! Aren't you the glutton! :-)
I think it should be requirement that owners of Wyatt should do the same!
I must admit, I've written my paltry list in the front of the Companion but I do sign and date all books - and write what I was up to (when I first got book).
I think that is so something survives (that people can pay 15p for in Oxfam when our children dump all the stuff).
Tanya made me photograph album, it has pictures and details of every car I have ever owned - I keep adding to it.

I love looking through it.
The trouble is when I look back at the cars I have owned, I usually have a little tinge of regret at selling them.
I made up a photo album of all the cars the family has owned since my Grandad's 1927 Austin Seven in the early 1930s, right up to my son's grotty Ford Focus, known as Mr. Bump II. Recently, when going through a box of my late father's stuff, I came across a notebook in which he recorded every gallon of petrol he'd bought and the mileage for the numerous cars he had owned right up to the end. Well, I found it interesting!
My problem is that, moderns excluded, I buy and hardly ever sell!
I've regretted selling most of the cars I have parted with butĀ regretted hanging on to some of the others, as well....
(02-12-2020, 01:57 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: My problem is that, moderns excluded, I buy and hardly ever sell!

I'll have to own up to being much better at buying old cars than selling them.
There was a similar thing on e-bay not so long ago to put together an album of all the cars you have ever owned.

I managed to find a photo of all of them, there were 8 sevens, 4 of which are still here