The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pressure - Speedy
Mark,

If I was building up an engine of this type I would seriously consider fitting a Hadley crank and a set of Hadley rods.

Contact Peter Pearson. 01969 640677. hadleycranks@aol.com for full spec and prices.   ( usual disclaimer! )
And a Paul Bonewell oil pump
                                             Terry.    
This is the simplest way to seal the rotating crank nut instead of the running brass bush and polo type rubber ring around it.these last for thousands of miles and simple.
Seal is not fitted in fully on photo by the way.
Seal the leaks camshaft and crank nut and over bored or larger pump.50-60 psi when engine is fresh to aim for.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Austin, that looks ideal. Ive been reading up on lip seals with view to similar but had not twigged you could just ditch the brass bush! Might result in a slightly longer time for the oil the reach pressure whilst filling the nose cone but otherwise cant see a problem.

50psi is in the realms of "High pressure" with respect a lip seal. do you have a seal part number or type that you use?
PM sent.
Ive finally put the engine back in the car after modifying the front oil seal, making a new o-ringed cam bearing and tweaking the capacity of the oil pump. The oil pressure is now much better and the engine runs quieter so that's a win.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that contributed advice and guidance and a even bigger thank you those amazing people that contributed no cost parts and provided specific feedback on my plans. There is no way I would have known how to proceed without your help.