The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strictly TT
not sure who the people are, but there is definitely original Austin Works car engine noises in the very first bit! 1931-ish perhaps?

https://digitalfilmarchive.net/media/ext...tly-tt-345

perhaps people could interpret what they know at which time marks, so others can benefit?

Sorry if this has been posted before - couldnt find anything on a search...

3.15ish first Seven...
Nice bit of film.
I suspect the film was actually a silent that has had the engine noises added on later.
I did pick up the distinct noise of a meadows engined hyper leaf and the sound of an austin as well as some nice six cylinder sounds.
wow,

love the total ignorance of the danger with fuel spillage.

to throw milk churns of fuel into filler hopper, and you can see it splashing about. with hot engines around.

brave or stupid comes to mind.

tony.
Not so much ignorance, since this occurred during the first TT in 1928:

.jpg   1928_TT-ARDS_BUGATTI-T43_CAMPBELL.jpg (Size: 82.35 KB / Downloads: 439)

It was just a known risk that they accepted; Chris Garner mentions this incident in the other thread on the Ards TT. The car was uninsured and destroyed, although like most Bugattis it survives today.
Cracking film.  I think I spotted the Barnes Bros. Austin 7 'Earthquake' 12.57 into the film.
Does anyone know who the chap speaking at the beginning is? He doesn't look old enough to be involved from that time, but is clearly someone respected. And is there a longer film that exists that is available perhaps?
.I have copy of strictly TT DVD it was made by a Mr Spence who owns a small cinema outside Comber where the famous Butchers corner is. I spoke to him tonight and he still makes and sells them and is happy for his phone No to be given it is 028 91872480 I will add the usual disclaimer to having any interest in this company.
Hope this may be of use.

SJT
Stephen Thompson
The guy talking at the start of the film is the late Mike Wylie, Belfast's autonumeroligist (or number plate manufacturer). I'm currently rebuilding the body of his old Austin Seven 65 model.