The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microplas Stiletto
What a shame it is being broken up, it’s a pretty little car (agreed with a colour change) and looks to be very well put together...all that work going to waste...
So instead of sitting outside Chandos eating cake and cheering Austin Sevens on the Herefordshire Trial this year, we could organise a convoy to Switzerland for syncopated dismantling. Hmmm...
He's an absolute dreamer. His complex scheme won't work. There's still the possibility for someone to make an offer he won't refuse.
its a shame, but i can understand it. and even wondered if i should do it myself.

its a problem. of our little cars have.

i know we never expect to get all our money back when selling a car.

but many many new buyers cant tell the difference between a well built car, that cost alot of money to build. and a cheap crap heap.

they want them all for the same low price.

so like this well built car, should probably be worth £10k. and everyone wants it for £100???

so if everyone wants it for £100, why not break it, 

if he was breaking it in the uk,  he would probably get £12k to £15k

tony.
Don’t like the sound of, “widened independent front suspension “  — could this be a reference to his trousers bearing in mind tea parties, cake etc?
I think it's a real shame the car is to be dismantled. Undoubtedly a sale of it has been hampered by Covid and it seems a pity that the owner cannot wait a while until such time as travel is less restricted.

He was looking for around £18,000 for it as a whole.
The sale was hampered by his poor initial advert; why didn't he publicise the figure he was looking for, instead of putting a misleading £100 figure in the advert?
Exactly! Very silly.
Presumably if he doesn't manage to sell it in bits, he'll have the lot crushed in a sulk.
I can't think what use the chassis and floorpan are without the body.
Like Malcom says when the bodies gone unless you’ve got a nice Ashley body kicking about in the shed a lot of the hard work done to mount the body will have to be undone.
Shame