The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microplas Stiletto
It's a beautiful restoration of a rare little car, but it's brown...... murky brown at that..... of all the colours to paint such a pretty little car. For me that cream interior would compliment a dark exterior, dark green, dark blue, black, even resale red (this from an Alfa guy)... but for me that murky brown does nothing & would have to go.

The aero screens are also not directly in front of each seat so the occupants are 2/3rds shielded by the screens. That hand brake means the tunnel can't be used as a comfortable arm rest and we all know how much excess elbow room there is between seats in a 7. A cut-down standard 7 lever would seem a more logical choice ?

Each to his own I suppose & regardless of the colour it is a truly exemplary build & I sympathise with the owner for having to part with it

Aye
Greig
Poo brown and what about the engine ?
Having owned such a vehicle at one time, I see my biggest worry has been addressed, that was getting cut in half in an accident by the body edge above the dash.

Mind, I'm not sure some foam and leather sausage will protect much.

Also not a fan of the ''No2'' Brown here either. We currently have a new kitten, and, well you can imagine. At least it didn't stain the carpet.

On my car, I sat at what looks to be about the same height. It was like sitting on a pimple. Not sitting in it. So the aero screens, which on mine were spaced up off the body were as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

A pair of Oakleys or Biggles goggles were necessary and made the whole affair rather unpleasant, particularly in the rain at 70 (yes 70) mph.
That extra gantry - I presume that's included - made me think of Wallace getting dropped (by some machine he'd made) into his robotic trousers. Pretty cool if you could connect that up for putting the driver in too after you'd decided which body you were going to put on, from a rack in your huge, airy garage...

I was actually thinking that the brown made it quite big Healey like from the O/S front picture. Its more taupe, isnt it? Grace Kelly would have liked that colour perhaps.
Greig, nice to see your nice honest comments re this car, you and perhaps a handful of others will appreciate the amount of work and detail put into this car.It is such a shame the owner will not enjoy the fruits of his labour
Still no mention of the engine details just the very  fancy special body or have I missed something
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-...SwkSZgTjsS

Oh dear...
So will he get more for the sum of all the separate parts? I sold a boat that way many years ago and got more for it than selling complete.
Perhaps, if he dismantles it himself, but to expect up-to seventeen different buyers to do the dismantling for him all on the same day seems a bit unlikely!
It was very sad to hear that he had offered to give it away to someone, but they had needed money for this to happen.