The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microplas Stiletto
Having owned a Microplas Stilleto bodied Austin 7, not anywhere near as well built I might add, but I know full well that there is next to no market for these 50's firbreglass bodied Specials.

I bought mine for 3500, did a lot of work on it to get it at least roadworthy and running well. spent not a lot of money, mostly time.

I liked it, but the household inherited 3 Austin 7's and something had to give.

The reciepts said the engine was a warm Myall from the 90's with close ratio box. Late ruby running gear. Cosmetically it was a bit rough around the edges. Advertised at a touch over £5k. Had very little interest. Eventually got 4800 for it, which was fine by me as I had a lot of fun and got all my money back plus probably a bit more. But it was by no means a quick and easy sale.

If it had been a fibreglass Ruby based Ulster, I'd have had my hand ripped off at £5.25k asking price.
Select neutral, take the top off the gearbox and bend it cold in the vice. I doubt your gas torch would get the lever red hot whilst in situ and would need a fire brick or two when you were in the workshop. I don't think that bending it a few degrees midpoint would snap the lever.