The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grease gun recommendation
Can anyone recommend a good grease gun which doesn't leak everywhere when it is stored? At the moment I have two manual fill types and I'm wondering if the cartridge ones are any better. Also how do people find the flexi hoses? more or less convenient than a metal tube? I don't want an air powered one.
I've used my Grandads Wanner for years.
It doesn't leak
Cartridge every time.
No flexi but I do try to only use the hex brass slide on ones. I find them much better.

C
I have used my Wanner for 60 years and it still works perfectly=don't know if they are still made.
I use the old Wanner, BUT I take the pressure off it during storage by pulling the sprung loaded plunger back on its chain.
The modern ones with the grease under pressure from a spring tend to press oil from the grease and leak, unlike the simple originals, hence Bobs solution.
What tips are used? The little cups require perfect nipples. Are the needle type still available/permitted?.
I have used a Wanner for over 50 years.
I replace as many grease nipples as possible with modern ones and use a flexible hose to lube the parts other Heinekens don't reach
Wanner seems to be the favourite then, though I might try Bob's suggestion first to see if it solves the problem with my existing ones. It looks as though it would need to be a secondhand Wanner but there are plenty on ebay.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Peter.
If we buy this lot we can all have a Wanner! (I am not entirely sure that is a phrase that should be used in polite company...)