The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag link end cap
Ok Bruce. The verdict is not guilty!
Cheers,
Dave.
Bruce, I took note of the smart welded washer. Good one!
I think the Yorkshire prodler is basically a small podger used for more delicate jobs.
This thread could have come from the excellent book by R T Nicholson  on the Austin Seven.  I am sure he warns somewhere of the dangers of dickering with a podger, especially doing it at the scullery sink when the little woman is out!
(26-11-2020, 02:12 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Definitely Podger in Yorkshire. Used, among other things, for lining up the holes at the joints in railway lines.  Used to be a pub in Garforth called 'The Podger' that had a picture of a large spanner with a pointy end (ie: a Podger) on the pub sign outside. Pub's still there but it's now called something that more people understand!!

Steve

Seems the pub's got its old name back although not its old sign

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant...gland.html

Steve Smile
You could always hang out at the John Thomas instead!
Used podgers for lining up bolt holes when building Harvestore silos in Australia - essential equipment. Smile
(26-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Charles P Wrote:
(26-11-2020, 10:04 AM)David.H Wrote: Colloquially know as  bodgers I believe!

No, it's a podger. Using one does not denote a bodge.

Charles

A tool and name I found out about from my paternal Grandfather (who used to sell and maintain De Dions among others in Chard)
Folk accumulate different oddments. I utilise a pair of 1/4 threaded rod and end plates
Malcolm, John Thomas changed back to its original name of Bell Hagg and not Bell ..d!
This website is much more polite than Facebook fortunately.
(27-11-2020, 04:12 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Malcolm, John Thomas changed back to its original name of Bell Hagg and not Bell ..d!
This website is much more polite than Facebook fortunately.

The Bell Hagg Inn was a favourite of my wife and I, before she was Mrs P and when we were still youngsters. 

Charles