The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag link end cap
I think you are referring to a "Todger": Similar functionality.
In Yorkshire I thought it was known as a prodler (that is the podger, not the todger!)
Definitely Podger in Yorkshire. Used, among other things, for lining up the holes at the joints in railway lines. Used to be a pub in Garforth called 'The Podger' that had a picture of a large spanner with a pointy end (ie: a Podger) on the pub sign outside. Pub's still there but it's now called something that more people understand!!

Steve
We used to have a pub nearby called the John Thomas but there was no illustration on the pub sign.
Hi All

A podger is a standard tool in both scaffolders and steelwork erectors belts.

Cheers

Howard
This is my "sash cramp" - it's a French builder's "serre joints" - it has a swivelling cup on the moving end and a thick washer welded on the fixed end that the domed end of the drag link cap sits in, so it doesn't slip. Length is infinitely adjustable - the threaded end slides up and down the chrome arm and locks in place as soon as you put tension into it. Works a treat.

[Image: 20201126-143257-1.jpg]
I have about 60 of those serre-joints in the workshop. Sizes from 150 mm to 2m. Invaluable.
Reckless, how can you be so spendthrift on such a sophisticated gadget and you being a Scottish Yorkshireman!
I work with a chap called John Thomas !! ( one of his ancestors was a Cornish Pirate ) He can be a bit of a Plonker at times !!
I would not use my Todger on the Austin ( Some folks do Love their cars though )
Sorry to Drag ( some Spurious ) Links into the thread. and Steer it in another direction.
Aye well, Monsieur Wortley I bought it originally to use as a builder's clamp, to which purpose it has served me well for many years. Like notre ami Breton, Renaud I have several of them in various sizes, the biggest of which you tighten up with a big knocker (I like those) but they are a bit unsubtle for doing the A7 drag link. The modification to the one in the photo (welding thereon of a washer) cost me about half a groat, so well in keeping with our reputations as being tighter than a submarine's window. Not only that, the clamp is still completely serviceable for it's primary function and I haven't buggered up a cross-point screwdriver to make a prodger!

Reputation intact, methinks.