The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag link end cap
I'm in the process of putting on one of David Cochranes new steering arms, has anybody come up with a easier way of compressing the end cap on the drag link ?
I've ended up using a sash clamp
Best way.
Sash cramp sounds dodgy if it fell off.
I have always used a block of wood ( Tapping Stick ) and a tapered punch as a podger.
I used to add extra preload with washers too.
If you use a flat blade screwdriver with a shaft of about 6mm.( slightly smaller than the bolt hole) you can assemble the cap on the end of the tube and stick the flat blade up the eliptical shaped hole formed by end cap and tube. At this point, twist the screwdriver through 90 degrees to form the full hole diameter and at the same time push in the bolt from the top.
Similar to Dave, I have a 6” tapered punch that I use frequently to align holes ready for bolts.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Colloquially know as  bodgers I believe!
(26-11-2020, 10:04 AM)David.H Wrote: Colloquially know as  bodgers I believe!

No, it's a podger. Using one does not denote a bodge.

Charles
+1 for podgers. When you have a cross point screwdriver with a mashed up end, grind a blunt point on it and you have a "Podger". Every home should have one !
Speak for yourself!!!
Haven't used mine for years, it used to work brilliantly but of late it seems unable to perform its designed function. any advise on regaining efficiency gratefully received.