The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overflowing carburettor
This is a stupid problem and never happened before but after going over speed bumps the carb 26VA has started massively overflowing and need to stop take off the bowl and pour the fuel have collected in tin underneath back into the tank. It is usually OK then till I get home. We have some fairly steep speed bumps in way I usually go out and try to avoid now but any ideas would be welcome. Peter
Sounds like the needle valve might be sticking.
Hi 
Sounds like you need a new needle valve Available from ARP ltd tel 01202 625242
Has the float sprung a leak and sunk?
You haven't by any chance recently fitted a new fuel pump ? I know it sounds unrelated, but there was a very long thread here some time ago on just this problem of overflowing Carb and the common cause was found to be a faulty pump spring.
Thank you for the idea and I have got a spare pump but the one on the engine has worked fine up till now. I will replace the needlevalve as soon as I can get  a new one or try and find an entirely new carb. Peter
Assuming that the carb has performed OK up until the speed bumps, I would first fix the flooding - most probably the carb valve . A different carb will probably have different faults, and then what?
Make sure the fuel level is correct.