The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much torque does an A7 engine produce
This discussion was brought home to me in stark contrast a number of years ago, I used to run a Nippy cam in my special, I got good peak HP on a Dyno and the car was reasonably fast. After some discussions with someone who knew far more about cam shaft design than I did he did a regrind for me, this resulted in a drop of measured peak HP but an increase in torque, particularly in mid range area where needed for acceleration. Bearing in mind that measurements were taken on different dynos so some allowance for discrepancy of accuracy in measurements must be taken into account, however I found a significant decrease in my lap times so obviously it worked out well!
Black Art Enthusiast
So this is the Encyclopaedia Britannica numbers graphed:  (Shows the advantage of the long stroke?)

Attached Files
.jpg   A7 Engine 12 bhp.jpg (Size: 36.21 KB / Downloads: 113)
As Geoff is asking about propshafts, its worth noting that the rpm you need to use in the equations above is propshaft rpm not engine speed. The gearbox is a torque multiplier.